Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub and Foaming Facial Cleanser Review

October 08, 2016

Assalamu'alaikum,
Hi, Sorry for being MIA from blogger things for past view weeks. I feel having anxiety problems and it's getting worst when I unable to pray, you know girls hormonal problem once in a month, hehehe. However, I push myself to finish my blog post draft. While I'm writing this, I've finished both. If you haven't heard this brand, SUKIN is Australian skincare natural brand. The reason I bought this two is the price is quite affordable than another Australian skincare brand and of course the natural ingredients claim. I just thought I'm a very chemical person, so much chemical things that I put on my skin.  To minimize it  I switched some of my skincare products to natural skincare. Even though, I still use a lot of chemical products. Okay enough for rambling, let's jump into the review :)
You know the packaging is represent the brand claim. It's dominated by green color. The design is simple but they keep it as the product needed. I mean they choose the black color bottle with pump, black will protect the product from direct sunlight. 
Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser, natural face cleanser
I wanna talk about foaming facial cleanser first. I know that cleanser is really important but sometimes I don't really make cleanser as my priority, I mean I'll choose to buy expensive serum than expensive cleanser. The reason I bought this because I need a gentle cleanser for morning cleanser so I think the claims just give what I need, suitable for all skin types, Sulphate and Paraben free. I don't really like foamy cleanser, my skin is bit sensitive with foaming cleanser, that's why I stopped to buy a rambling cleanser in mini market, like I did in the past. Sulphate which usually  be known as SLS (Sodium lauryl sulfate) and SLES (Sodium laureth sulfate) have function as surfactants: water and oil soluble compounds that, when combined with water, foam and emulsify greasy substances. The less sulphate they have the gentler approach for skin. About parabens, I think that it still needs in skin care product because it will stop fungus, bacteria and other microbes from growing in your creams and makeup, especially in the moist, warm environment of a bathroom. However it's debatable as cancer causer. You can recognize as methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben and isobutylparaben. So, I feel that the cleanser will be so gentle without paraben too.
It also contains with chamomile, aloe vera, witch hazel, green tea with macadamia and evening primrose oil to purify and balance skin. Chamomile is antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. It is also considered to be hypoallergenic with the ability to neutralize skin irritants. I always think that product that contains aloe vera will give calming sensation. Aloe vera also has benefit to soothe skin. Witch hazel is used to as antioxidant and astringent properties are perfect for killing bacteria that lives within skin’s pores, stopping cellular damage that can lead to skin cancer, preventing signs of aging, and speeding up healing. Then, another ingredients that SUKIN highlight is green tea. You don't need to doubt about green tea benefit for skin. Evening primrose oil also has many benefits for skin, it can treat hormonal acne and can help with age-related structural and functional changes in skin tissues, such as redness, firmness, roughness, and fatigue resistance. 
Ingredients
It still contains alcohol but I feel it's still fine because this foaming cleanser is very gentle, even they named foaming but it isn't so foamy.
Beside of harmful ingredients list which aren't include in this product, they also said it's 100% vegan and 100% carbon neutral and of course no animal testing. That's why I keep to purchase SUKIN product even to be honest I didn't see the instant result from them. But, I believe in process for treating skin. 
Even though, the pump bottle isn't travel friendly but I like the pump packaging in face cleanser product. It makes easier to amount the size of product.
The texture is liquid transparent. It smells citrus and charcoal, I know seems silly because they said no carbon but I smell bit carbon in it, maybe it smells chamomile but I don't know how chamomile smelled. I'm not a fan of the smell, but that's okay, it wasn't too strong. It takes more than usual to wash all of my face. Maybe because it isn't foamy at all so I feel I need a lot for cleansing my face.
You can barely see nothing when I used in damp skin, which I think this is good because I don't like foamy cleanser. I prefer use this cleanser as morning cleanser because I think it wasn't that good for removing makeup even though I always do double cleansing. However, this is the most moisturizing cleanser that I've ever tried. My skin feels so moisturize after that and no tight effect at all. I think the natural ingredients likes chamomile, green tea, primrose oil took a great job for moisturizing skin. I can say this cleanser does a great job for all skin types, your sensitive skin will love it because it's very gentle, it's also perfect for dry skin because it gives moisturizing effect and my oily skin loves it too. I'm a fan of deep pores cleanser but sometimes I feel that kind of cleanser is too harsh for my skin so when I was using this cleanser I change my mind to use more gentle skin cleanser. It feels so calming and gentle for my skin.

The verdict

Pros
- sulphate and paraben free
- natural ingredients
- it feels so gentle and moisturizing
- I like the pump packaging
Cons
- quite pricey for me as cleanser maybe because the tax thing, but it's still affordable. Maybe if my friend go to Aussie, I will stock up *LOL
- I don't like the smell
- it takes some for getting used to, I finished one bottle which is 125 ml so fast

Sukin super greens detoxifying facial scrub, gentle scrub
Next is Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub, I bought it before the cleanser. My skin feels bit sensitive for couple months and I need gentler scrub. Because oily skin can't live without scrub. I read some of reviews saying that this scrub is very gentle so I decided to buy it.
As same as the foaming cleanser sulphate and paraben free. The key of ingredients are kale, spirulina and parsley. It seems so natural, right? because you can eat them too. It promises giving glowing skin with gentle exfoliator which are jojoba beads and bamboo.
That's why I love SUKIN.
Ingredients
I can recognize the ingredients very well in daily basic. They use spirulina, chlorella and parsley as detoxifying and antioxidants. Then, sukin also include pineapple, licorice and lime peel which gives clear and radiant effect. They also said that it smells cranberry, Believe me, it smells really good, kind of fruity fresh smell. The smell is different from the foaming cleanser.
The packaging is flat tube, I'm not fan of tube packaging but that's okay, I still can manage how much I must used to it. The design is represent the natural claim, green with black cap.
I still felt the beads when I touched the texture, but the beads are very gentle in my skin. If you're searching for gentle scrub this is perfect. The scrub isn't too harsh but it still gives exfoliation effect in skin. My skin feels smoother afterwards. If you wanna remove the stubborn blackhead or whitehead, this wouldn't be enough for removing them. However, if you just need to exfoliate dead skin cell or clean your pores for daily routine, this scrub is a perfect choice. Sometimes, I use this scrub almost every day, once in a day and my skin is fine, because it's very gently. I can say if you have sensitive skin and searching for gentle product, SUKIN is one of you should try.
Maybe you can't barely see that my skin is brighter afterwards, but I think it does giving the radiant effect, you can see in my picture as well. I love the scrub more then the foaming facial cleanser. The scrub also didn't dry or tight my skin. My skin still feel moisturizing afterwards.

The verdict

pros
- the scrub is very gentle
- it smells so good
- I can use this scrub everyday without harming or hurting my skin
cons
- it wasn't remove stubborn whitehead or blackhead, but I didn't expect that too so I say nope for cons XD

Have you tried products from SUKIN? please tell me, do you like them or not, I tried hydrating toner too, but I'll give the review separately ;)




Love



A

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm happy to read and reply your comment^^

Subscribe