2015 Favorites (Makeup and Skin care)

January 12, 2016

Assalamu'alaikum, 
Hi everyone, I like to make evaluation about anything like 2015 resolution, finance, habits, and of course my favorite, makeup and skin care. As a beauty enthusiast, it's a bit hard to choose because I tried a lot products *lol. However, I still have that ones hehehe. Because skin care or makeup is like soulmate :P, I can say that the price doesn't lie but sometimes it wasn't always fit for your skin. Sometimes, I tried the pricey one *my wallet will cry for that #lol but the result is so so and in other time, I just random tried the cheap one and I realize that I was using that continuously. I will make 2015 Favorites into 2 parts, makeup and skin care. I don't make it every part like "what is my favorite cleansing, toner, moisturizer, serum, etc" or what is my favorite primer, foundation, lipstick, concealer, eyeliner, etc". However, I will pick that only be my favorite or most uses in 2015. I often feel that I haven't find the right one for my skin, so I tried so many products and for that one I didn't count it to my favorites.

SKIN CARE

For skin care part, I chose 3 products and I know I know you must recognize that products maybe you bored because so many bloggers talked about that. But, I loved them much in 2015. A lot of people rate about SK II Facial Treatment Essence and Bioderma Sensibio H2O, so do I. I was crazy of both of them. I used makeup a lot and Bioderma Sensibio was amazing, it feels just a water, no smell, no oily, no smarting, because I have tried the dupe of Bioderma and they aren't as good as Bioderma. When I moved to another products to replace Bioderma, I just back to it again and again, maybe in 2015 I spent 3 bottles of Bioderma, which is 250 ml each. I didn't think that the price is affordable but it was worth the quality. Now, I tried to combine that with another makeup remover but I still can't leave Bioderma even it isn't good for my wallet :P *because I can spent 1 bottle in a month if I want. You can check my review here
When, I mention SK II Facial Treatment Essence, which is popular with Pitera, everybody has to know it. Regretfully, my skin did love it *lol. I also tried the dupe and my skin said no to them. I have some skin problem like huge pore, oily skin, acne, whitehead, blackhead, and spots. Fine, I won't boast FTE and said "it solved all my skin problem", I'm not. However, when my skin in trouble, maybe avoid from any skin care products, I just used FTE until it back to normal. I used FTE maybe 2 years and I have love and hate relationship with it *tsaaah. Sometimes, I feel stuck and FTE didn't make any progress. I had decided to stop it, but suddenly I fell in love with it again #galau. My skin didn't look like porcelain,hoho but my skin much much calm with FTE. Sometimes I feel it made that glow in my skin or when I put it I fell like it said to me "You will be fine with me *lol". I haven't review yet about FTE because I don't know how to explain my love hate relationship with FTE. Maybe soon I will tell my FTE story to you :).
The 3rd one, I picked Himalaya Neem Mask. I have an oily skin so pores mask is my favorite one. I tried some pores mask and I loved them too. However, Himalaya is affordable and easy to get. My skin felt clear and it also dried acne. Because, it was my routine skin mask so I have to buy it as often as possible, so I hate when I should purchase online, easy to get and affordable are the plus ones. So, Himalaya is win in 2015 as a pores mask. If you have oily skin I suggest you to tried this mask, it's great :). You also can read my review here.

MAKEUP

As you can see, contouring products win as my favorite in this year. I realize that when the trend was going for strobing I was crazy with contouring *lol. I really love sleek face form because it so practical, there are bronzer, highlight and blush on. I didn't really like the blush but I love bronzer and highlight. I used it a lot of times more than my singular bronzer or highlighter. I haven't tried the balm manizer yet which is a lot of people rave about that product, but I quite satisfied with sleek face form. The appearance or packaging looks cheap but it wasn't that fragile because I brought it everywhere. 
Still, for contouring, I loved LA Girl Pro Conceal, I got it in toast shade. What I love is the shade and how it worked for making my face sharper. You can check how I used both for contouring my face in my video (click here).
Another concealer products, YSL Touch Eclat for under eyes, it was amazing for eyes area or highlighter but it didn't really work for covering spots. I loved that for covering my under eyes, the texture is light but it was great for conceal my eyes bag. That wasn't melt or look greyish and easy to blend. It isn't affordable concealer, kind of high end brand. However, if you don't mind with money you can try it. I also tried drugstore concealer, which is Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, that's quite good. 
"Fake it until you make it" I was living with this words *lol. My face wasn't that flawless so spot covering concealer was my best friend. I read from some beauty bloggers who love Korean brand *because I prefer western than Korea brand for makeup, Etude house stick concealer is quite good. I tried it and ya that was great, at least for me. Even though, I had some spots in my face but I think that my face didn't need high coverage concealer. For me this concealer could cover spots and redness. This product is also affordable. It's so simple because it has stick shape. I brought it everywhere too. Just love it much, I still have no idea what brand I would try to replace this concealer, can you give me a suggestion :)
"Women never enough with lipstick" hahaha so I must have 2015 favorite lipstick. It's hardest part to choose *lol because I tried so many lipstick and almost of them is quite same, so it's hard to choose. For the color or shade, I'm kind of person who won't stay with kind of similar shade for lipstick. I almost love any kind of lipstick shade except orange. Even it's hard I have to choose, so the winner is L'oreal Tint Caresse. Why I choose it? because it's unique. The tip applicator made by sponge,hahaha can you imagine that?. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of it, but I will review it soon. It's light, matte and the texture is dry. The finish is matte but I didn't feel use any lipstick. It isn't creamy but it's powdery. Even it has dry texture but it wasn't making my lips dry. The staying powder was also great, not staying all day but it was quite great. It still transfer but not that much like creamy lipstick. It also has vanilla scent, I just loved it :) Have you tried it?
I love to read any kind of 2015 Favorites, which yours?



love


A

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. Himalaya neem mask my fav mask too ! :* but still i can't try the fte yet, because my budget for here and there huhu. Hopefully this year i can use fte for my skincare routine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embeeer fte emang ga bersahabat sama kantong, semoga kl udah nyoba cocok ya say tp ati2 nagih :P

      Delete
  2. I love himalaya neem mask from that list. L'oreal Tint Carresse make me wanna have a try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya himalaya is the best XD
      You should try it, its great

      Delete
  3. Love Himalaya too!! Their cleanser are very good for my skin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe i will try their cleanser too :)
      Thanks fr sharing

      Delete
  4. Thanks for giving this review. It's very informative for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great concluding on the products!
    Useful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time i used himalaya products..

    will check their latest promotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! I love all your FAV 2015 makeups too hehe

    http://www.ranechin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your favourite skin care and make up products. I love Himalaya too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally love your top make up products. Will check out LA Girl cause that really caught my attention. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya u should try LA girl, great concealer fr drugstore product

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your favorite skincare and cosmetic.
    www.yukilow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LA Girl Pro Concealer is one of my holly grail product... Can't leave house without it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for the SKII essence as my mum says this is a good product. While Himalaya Neem Mask to prevent acne. I actually apply some of the mask on my back. It work on me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thanks fr sharing maybe i will try it fr my back

      Delete
  13. There's alot of things I like in 2015 so I can't always compile which I love the mask! Currently start tp use Laneige Sleeping mask which I find it quite a lovely product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love laneige sleeping mask too but I just tried sample and maybe I will purchase in full size this year :)

      Delete
  14. I think I should start on an SKII essence soon. Some products doesn't work on my skin and maybe some makeups give breakouts to my skin. I've got to use something to calm my skin down..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is there a list for men? Make one! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha i dont expert about that but sk ii has series fr men, the black one and I think himalaya will be great fr men who have oily skin if they have time to put mask at home :P

      Delete
  16. Great list there... worth checking out...thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  17. quite a big difference in your skincare choice, from skII high end to himalaya for mask. i can't remember but i felt like i had tried that mask before. it's quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ya my skin just fine for drugstore even love high end too *lol

      Delete
  18. I have that YSL Touch Eclat too, its the best to camouflage the tired looking eyes and also eye bags. The texture is lightweight and finishing is smooth and flawless so it looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree!! I love YSL much, because I didn't like heavy and cakey concealer for eyes area and YSL Touch Eclat did a great job for covering eye bags but it still feels light

      Delete
  19. I like Himalaya products as they are natural and very gentle on skin and pocket friendly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, that's why I count himalaya on my list

      Delete
  20. I like SK-II and your makeup! Cause Im crazy over makeup. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list, I like Himalaya's products as well cos I have slight sensitive skin, it works well on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I began to love natural products starting from 2015. One of my favourite brands is The Olive Tree - they have the best hand cream in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yeah! I like Himalaya too :) especially their lip balm, very good for my dry lips :) cheers, siennylovesdrawing

    ReplyDelete
  24. nowadays its so important for touch ups like these ya.. Himalaya, been seeing this brand in guardian and watsons

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg that sleek palette! I've always loved it but never got around to buying it because I have so many blushers already

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post!!

    For my skin care I am using anti aging moisturizing cream by Revitol in the morning and evening and its results are great for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Himalaya products are one of my favourites specially the neem face mask. For spots and dull skin I have been using cream by lifecell and the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to read and reply your comment^^

Subscribe