Bravura London Chemicals Peels Review

December 31, 2016

Assalamu'alaikum, 
Hello, I have so many draft posts which I should post before new year but today is the last day in 2016, hahaha. This year I added a new range in my skincare routine, which is acid treatment. I've purchased Neutrogena (review click here), microdermabration tools, which is home exfoliation too. But, I felt it was too harsh for my skin. I know Bravura from some skincare addicts in instagram. Bravura is skincare brand based in UK and they focus to supply chemical peels for using at home. Bravura is founded by Amanda Elias, who discover the benefit of AHA and BHA. Then, I thought I need more than scrub to exfoliate my skin. So, I bought glycolic acid 10% first. I adore the result and decided to buy the salicylic one, but I wasn't really happy with Salicylic 2%. Without further ado, let's jump to the review☺
Bravura London Chemicals peels
They have the same kind of packaging, a bottle comes with pipette. Bravura keep the glycolic in semi transparent bottle but Salicylic is packed in less transparent bottle. 
Both have the same texture, which is liquid. How to use this?  In bravura website says that, you may use your fingers or a make-up brush to apply, although we do recommend the chemical peel brush we sell due to their superior quality and even application. The treatment is so quick and easy and takes about 10-15 minutes to do. 
I use my fingers because simply I don't want spent my money on brush, hehehe.
bravura london glycolic acid
Glycolic acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) has benefit for increasing cell turnover, giving smoother, more elastic and more even in skintone and texture. In case glycolic acid 10% is for oily skin. They said that removing the dead skin cells you are also removing the grime and excess oil that's blocking up the pores and exposing fresh, new skin that can breathe. It's also giving a promise for hyperpigmentation. This is the reason I bought glycolic acid 10% first, my skin was darker and uneven that time. 
glycolic acid
The texture is liquid like water but when you applied in your skin, it's little bit sticky, but it's still comfortable. It smells mild citrus. I use 6-7 drops, at first I leaved for 15 minutes, it didn't give me tingling or itchy or burning sensation at all. I was really surprised about that, so I gave it try for 30 minutes, it was still fine too. The result my skin is incredibly amazing, it gives instantly smoother and glowing skin, even though I applied in rough skin texture. Because, I have bad experience in over exfoliation, I only use this 2-3 times a week. I'm sorry, I don't barely see how it fades my spots, because I use brightening serum too, so I was confusing whose works for reducing spots.
Maybe you're wondering, is really save using peels at home? I guess so, because Bravura glycolic acid 10% has pH of 3, so this is a mild peels.
So far, I didn't get any irritation for using this and glad I added AHA treatment in my skincare routine.
I'm usually using Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask after rinse it off to calm down my skin. Even though, in their website say that you don't need to neutralize because 10% of formula has been designed as neutraliser. 
ingredients bravura glycolic acid
Ingredients
Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Bravura Glycolic acid 10% is on my list skincare favorite in 2016, you can check others products in my newest video here ☺
acid treatment
Because I'm impressed with the glycolic acid 10%, I decided to purchase the salicylic acid 2%. Bravura claims that this 2% daily salicylic acid exfoliator is the perfect choice from treating skin complaints such as blackheads, enlarged pores, congested skin and acne where the skin is oily. Because these skin conditions are caused by the skin being clogged by excess oil and dead skin, using a peel daily will give far superior results than using a stronger peel once a week. I thought this will be amazing for my acne prone and oily skin. I forgot my bad experience using salicylic acid/ Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) when I tried Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid.
bravura london salicylic acid
It has the same texture as glycolic acid. I know that a lot of people who're suffering with acne have a great experience with salicylic acid. But, my skin is allergic with salicylic acid. I didn't mention that until I tried this. I remember that in the past I had worst skin condition ever because of salicylic acid. But, let's talk only about how Bravura Salicylic acid 2% in my skin. When, I was using this, everything just seems normal like when I used Glycolic acid. In the morning after using this my pores felt dirty, I thought that maybe my skin condition wasn't that good so I tried it again in the next day but my pores becomes worse and I got some whitehead. I repeat several times until I realized that the wrong wasn't my skin condition but I have allergy with Salicylic acid. So, I decided to stop using Salicylic acid and my skin is back to normal in few weeks.
I gave it to my sister and so far it's quite good for her. She's struggling with acne and white head over her forehead, even though it hasn't cleared yet but it shows the improvement when she try Salicylic acid. When I was googling about Salicylic acid allergic, I didn't find someone write about it. So, if you have the same experience about Salicylic acid, please let me know! 
ingredients bravura salicylic acid
Ingredients
Distilled Water, Salicylic acid, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide
Bravura also have Lactic acid 10% but it's for dry skin so I haven't tried it. So, have you add acid treatment in your skincare routine? How's going so far?





Anah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm happy to read and reply your comment^^

Subscribe